During the Bronze Age, that was the age of the heroes of the ancient mediterranean civilizations, a people rooted in Sardinia since several millennia built thousands of cyclopean stone monuments, the nuraghi. About four centuries (1600-1200 BC) of building frenzy, demographic increase, land colonization and agricultural development, created a highly deforested and exploited landscape, dotted with small and large nuraghi. These multipurpose buildings functioned as coordinating centres, mainly for concentration and redistribution of products, and formed a thick network structured in several districts with different hierarchical levels. Actually the nuraghi kept an important role in the land exploitation till medieval and modern times. The archaic nuraghi are squat and low, at first without rooms but provided with corridors and niches; afterwards embryonic elliptical or rectangular rooms developed. An example is the elliptical room at ground floor of nuraghe Òrgono at Ghilarza (about 7 km from nuraghe Losa on S.S. 131 DCN towards Nuoro, but easily reachable from the old road Ghilarza - Sèdilo). Read more...

Contact Information

  • ©  PALEOTUR Soc. Coop.
  • Phone: +39. 0785 52302
  • Mobile phone: +39. 3319128790

Contact Information

ARCHAEOLOGICAL PARK OF NURAGHE LOSA

Top
Questo sito o gli strumenti terzi da questo utilizzati si avvalgono di cookie necessari al funzionamento ed utili alle finalità illustrate nella cookie policy. Chiudendo questo banner, scorrendo questa pagina, cliccando su un link o proseguendo la navigazione in altra maniera, acconsenti all’uso dei cookie. We use cookies to improve our website. By continuing to use this website, you are giving consent to cookies being used. More details…